Thursday, October 3, 2013

What a picture is really worth (401 words)


Since I usually am constantly talking about music in almost every post of mine, I thought I’d do a bit of a throwback Thursday. The reason for this is because the other day I was looking through all of my old photos my mom has saved throughout the years. While going through them I quickly became emotional, even while looking at happy pictures. So…. I started to wonder..

           

            They say that a picture is worth a thousand words but if you think about it, those worse are truly unsaid. If you’re confused already, this is what I mean: The quote “A picture is worth a thousand words” purely defines a picture, millions of them. I mean, if you think about it, doesn’t that really just cover it? A picture is actually worth about 7 words based off a quote, based off of emotions.

 

            Although I don’t think memories can be described by words I think it all depends on the person. If a person looks at a certain picture and becomes angry, I guarantee you there are more than just words behind that picture. Many that cannot be described.

 

            Where I’m going with this blog is that a picture cannot be described by words at all and it is one of the most frustrating things to hear as a aspiring photographer, because that mean memories are being judged in your head by feels not by the beauty of a visually stunning photo or how you felt when the photo was taken. A photo is about the moment, moments cannot be completely described by words and I beg people never do that.

 

            Now, I understand the quote is just saying that you can’t express all your emotions for one photo in a couple of words, and I understand that, but where it goes wrong is key. The quote is expecting people to just accept the fact that they can’t describe a photo all in a couple thoughts, but I believe this isn’t true. I believe thoughts create emotions and emotions create thoughts all which come together to create one, not just a thousand or so.

 

            Once all thoughts come together I believe that it creates the words, which are the or at least should be the last part of your thought process, that is when you are ready to tell what a photo is really worth.. but then again…is that really possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment