Sunday, October 27, 2013

Anti social media hypocrite (416 words)

Today I hit a semi epiphany- social media is dumb.
                Now I am aware that I most likely should of realized this a long time ago, but hey, at least It’s finally hit me.  Scrolling through my twitter feed and instagram photos lately have left me nothing but upset, and I can’t really explain why other than the fact that teenagers just say really dumb stuff, including myself.
I always wonder what it was like to be in my parents age of growing up where there was not even internet, something I can’t imagine, not because I couldn’t live without it, but because it’s just strange to think about.
As technology advances I’ve realized that social media hits every aspect of our life lately, down to even school 3 of my teachers have twitter accounts specifically for posting things about classes, which to be honest, weird.
Sometimes I feel like the only person who’s against social advances through technology, I kind of hate the fact that I’m able to know everything people are doing, it takes away our interest in each other. It takes away the fact that we no longer have to wonder about each other, were stuck checking up on each other  whether we like it, and then if we decide to avoid it suck as deleting our pages of social media were left feeling left out by our peers because it’s constantly surrounding us.
To me, it’s sad. We no longer have to try to keep in contact with each other, instead of calling, we text. Instead of asking someone how they’re doing, we check their twitter page.  
As a girl, maybe I’m a little bitter because of old cheesy movies where a guy calls a girl to go on a date and ect. Because thanks to social media I believe that doesn’t happen anymore, or at least rarely, which is sad. I know girls still want that stuff because my girlfriends talk about it all the time.
Now there are some cool things that come with social media, I won’t even lie, technology is cool especially when it comes to advancements in the medical field and all that saving lives stuff, and helping people connect. SO from now on, I’ll back up things like Skype that help people video chat and at least talk face to face.

So all in all technology is a cool thing but nothing beats making people wonder what youre doing, or just talking face to face. J

No comments:

Post a Comment