Thursday, October 10, 2013

A connection (427 words)


I swear music is the only that keeps me really sane. No matter what mood I’m in music fits. To me that’s kind of weird how music is literally an everyday thing for billions of people even though it’s constantly overlooked especially by myself it still amazes me so much.

And isn’t it weird how if you’re a certain emotion you tend to listen to a certain type of music, I wonder if I’m the only one who is amazed by this.

My favorite music app is 8 tracks, the reason I even noticed the emotional connection with music that has amazed me so much, because when you go onto 8 tracks, their playlists are in order by emotion or tag you click on, so I could click on the tag sad and it will usually take me to a playlist full of songs other people listen to when they’re sad and usually, I like the songs when I’m sad.\

I feel like the beat is the main connection to our emotions in songs. Because if you’re sad you’re probably a bit tired and not wanting a lot of loud noises blasting through your ear pissing you off anymore or a little kid song playing talking to you about how to do something like wash your hands, (I don’t even know where that came from but I know it’s probably not something you’d want to hear if you’re almost an adult and are sad, but then again, I don’t really know who you are so if that’s what you like to listen to when you’re sad… that’s cool)you’d probably want to listen to something slow to most likely calm your mind because I think that’s what studies show.. I’m not a doctor, I should probably remind you.

If I’m happy I usually find myself listening to everything but slow. It’s so crazy how much our minds switch between emotions. Like if a upbeat song is playing 9 times out of 10 I’m probably not even listening to the lyrics or the real meaning of the song, but if I listen to it when I’m sad I hate it because the lyrics don’t fit exactly what I’m going through, therefore my grumpy self will most likely want nothing to do with it.

I’d like to think I’m not the only teenager who feels this way considering how many teenagers and even adults connect to music and have their life revolve around it.

So in general, what I’m saying is that the way music connects to emotions is cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I really like how you shared your opinion on music. I too listen to certain music depending on my mood. I like to blast music after a long day of school. I really like how you shared your emotional connection to music. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete