Sunday, October 27, 2013

Musics affect on friendships (398 words)

If I haven’t said this in a previous blog before, I think I should make it clear that music is probably my most favorite thing on this earth, and my second favorite is finding people who love it just as much as I do.     
                Many of my friends and other people I’ve talked to I’ve gotten to know through music. What artist they like, what genre, what style, ect. I think it tells a lot about hem as a person.
                The other day I was looking through my messages with some of my best friends and realized how much alike we are in what we listen to, and half of our conversations consist of just sending back and forth links to music or lyric videos with each other.
                Personally I’ve noticed lately that the only people I can really connect to most likely and always have the same music taste as me, which leads me to the point of what you listen to defines you, which I’ve already talked about before. It amazes me.
                I’m thankful to have friends that listen to the kinds of music I do because whenever I’m in different moods I swear they always know what to play or link me no matter if I’m upset, excited, or just wanting to goof around. Did I mention I love it?
                The best part of anything is that although each of us listens to similar music, all of us favor a different artist or song. It seems as though our personalities are defined through our different  liking for different yet similar music.
                Just looking around the hallways at Kennedy I bet you can probably tell what kind of media or music someone is interested in just by how they represent themselves.

I feel like people don’t realize how much the music they listen to affects their relationships with people because if you think about it, music is everywhere constantly giving advice. So now I’m going to end this wonderful blog with a quote from my favorite & the late babe, “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” –Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment