Sunday, September 29, 2013

A grammy for Acid Rap (232 words)

All summer I listened to the mixtape Acid Rap by Chance the Rapper, and am somehow still listening to it. He's definitely topped the charts in my playbook.

Literally every song on his album has not just a great beat but is lyrically genius...Now you might just be thinking I just really like it all, but really I haven't been this impressed by somebodies music since Kid Cudi came out with all of the Man On the Moon albums to which to this day I still listen to almost every day.

Chance the rapper goes from talking about to love, to talking about drugs, to talking about his own family and philosophy. His talent of expressing his emotions flow out like a lesson but in a good way.  He kind of gives the lesson in a suggestive way of creating a picture in my head of what I could be doing differently in my life (better) while encouraging me to express how I feel because that's what he's doing.

To me he's kind of like my preacher or religious leader no matter how weird that sounds, I mean, my religion is music so why not have him and kid cudi as my preachers? Haha but seriously, I feel like everyone should listen to him no matter how old you are because he's although different some how a good influence, something I appreciate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment