Sunday, September 29, 2013

Nothing was the same (379 Words)

One of my favorite artists, Drake, released an album at the beginning of the week called Nothing was the same. It is kind of like a mix of his past few albums. To me, the purpose of this album has been to show how much growth drake has made not just within his music but also his personal life. Many of the songs describe the difficulties of changing situations within almost every aspect of life.

"All me" is one of the most popular songs on the album. In this song Drake has featured 2chainz and Big Sean. It describes how drake has had to work his way up to the top of the "rap game" all by himself and the people closest to him, he describes how although it was a lot of work, and still is, he remains the same guy he was years ago. He also proceeds to talk about how he can't complain because of how much money he makes and how well things have gone for him.

"Come Thru" is a different softer side of the album. It describes one of Drakes past relationships counting on his girlfriend to be there for him when he needs her to. I like this song especially because it's not a typical rap song, the beat is softer and he expresses a story, something I love.

"Connect" Is my favorite song on the album. I like it because I can connect to it in real life, It isn't just a cheesy love song, or a typical rap song and it talks about a person in a relationship who is always going to be there for the other person but is still going to live their life as well partially forgetting about the other person while they can and always try to move on.

Over all, Drake has not let me down with this album. I thought at first it seemed a little of the same old stuff he's been putting out for years but he has completely surprised me. I won't lie, his love songs will almost always be my favorite. I don't think this will be anywhere close to the best of him, and think eventually he will do something even better because I mean c'mon, It's Drake!

No comments:

Post a Comment