Thursday, September 26, 2013

Favorited, Lately. (520 words)


 

Lately I’ve found many songs I’ve been enjoying.

 

Better days by Cam Meekins has to be one of my most favorite songs. It describes a person that is going through rough times after a break up. In the beginning of the songs he talks about that although the girl is going through a time where she has been mentally abused by other people it shouldn’t affect how she feels about herself and that he hopes things turn out good for her because she deserves it more than most people.

 

Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, has although been controversial lately a constant replay for myself. In the song Miley describes how she was in a relationship that she gave all of her effort to but ended up being nothing but hurt in the end. I like the song because it is actually realistic because one line she says “I never meant to start a war, I just wanted you to let me in.” Which can be really relevant for many people going through ending of relationships, because not all want to just fight but are actually upset from what has happened, especially when they gave it their all.

 

            The Love Club by Lorde is a song that is slowly racing up the charts but also, to be one of my personal favorites. Lorde, a 16 year old artist from Australia sings about how corrupt yet exciting it is to be one of the popular kids, but at the end of the day how it’s not that great. In one of her lines she says “You’ll get punched for the love club, everything will glow for you,” To me in the song she talks about how contradictory social things in schools are, but not also schools, but the music industry. To me, it shows that although she is quickly rising to fame she realizes the reality of it making her seem down to earth which makes me like her more as an artist.

 

            Lastly, the song Beware by Big Sean is a song that describes how girls and guys change after ended relationships, but mainly girls. The chorus is my favorite part, “You should beware, beware, beware, of a woman with a broken heart.” It shows how cold hearted some girls become after a break up and how much it can have effect on certain peoples personality’s and how they should almost be feared. He also talks about the games that couples play after they break up, such as purposefully answering phones and calling them on accident. He talks about how some girls become so cold hearted that they forget all the nonsense people say to get them to be that heartless. He is also kind of defending the males too in the part where he says in one of the lines “Girls only say I hate you to the guys that they love” My most favorite part about this side is that he shows how being heartless can affect both people in a relationship not just one, and also that it’s not just guys who have become heartless but also, girls.

                           I recommend them all,
                                                     Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment