Thursday, April 3, 2014

Trappin' ain't cool (456)

Trappin ain’t cool.

Ever since my friends have started listening to trap artists like chief keef and lil durk they’ve thought it was cool to act tough. I think they have forgotten where they live and grew up compared to these artists. Now I’m not saying my friends have had it easy while growing up at all. I’m just saying that they didn’t grow up to hearing gunshots while waking up. Chicago vs. Cedar Rapids, two very different places.
For the first time in history there has been more current killings in Chicago than in Iraq or Afghanistan combined. Crazy. I don’t think Cedar Rapids could even compare, if we tried, but why would we try? L-O-L, not funny.
I think the type of music is starting to reflection our generation. We’re growing up to be a nation of wanna be thugs and I think it ruining us. Boys are growing up to music that makes gun play and gang banging look like a game, when I feel like the only person who realizes it’s not at all.
Now I know that not all people who listen to trap music think like this and even sometimes I listen to it myself but, I think people should just be careful of how they interpret music. It’s an art form where people are expressing their feelings and what they’re going through, not a guide on how you should live your life. I think talk about guns and people in prison is supposed to be un appealing, not appealing.


No comments:

Post a Comment