Monday, May 5, 2014

Music Update

Lately there’s has been a lot of new and up and coming music being produced and it’s really making me happy. Chance the Rapper, all of TDE, and even Lil Durk, and Skizzy Mars, have been publishing a lot of music that’s been keeping my ears full.
First, SZA, the single group member of TDE put out an album called “Suburban Lager” with popular songs such as Babylon, which features Kendrick Lamar, and Sweet November. SZA, being the newest member in TDE, along with being the single female has seriously impressed me. Although it seems in pictures that her style is mainly tomboy-ish her voice is smooth and calm. Her vocals along with Kendrick’s rap fit perfectly together. It seems like they are a music match made in heaven, almost as if they’re musically married.
Another member of the rap group, TDE, newly signed Isiah Rashad has been producing new spits lately that have got me excited. Even though I partially expected this from a protégé of schoolboy Q and Kendrick Lamar, the raps along with acoustics have been sounding like he’s been apart the business for a while. On top of all that talent, he also has his own style which I personally find very attractive. I could definitely see him and SZA putting something radical together.
One of My favorite artists, Chance the rapper is currently working on his new mixtape “The Social Experiment.” Which is supposed to feature many different artists on it along with feature different sounds of Chance. So far, Chance has released 3 songs of his own, along with one of his brothers. Two of the songs he’s put out so far seem partially slow but I personally think they still have a funk like beat that makes them up beat and interesting to listen to. Chance never seems to fail me actually. In the past 3 years I’ve been listening to his songs, never has he just lost creativity like most artists, especially rappers. Lately, his music has been soft, but in a way where no matter what the subject is, anyone can relate to it. He’s managed to actually incorporate his brother into the industry along with his friends from the Save Money crew which I think is really cool. Him and other artists like vic mensa come from a background where in the industry they were told no many times by big wigs because of their age.

Although april was a good month for music, I don’t think May will fail at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment